PHONETOOL

Flea Beetles

These pests seem to hang around the garden at the beginning of the season There are several ways to deal with them This is what worked for me I put out Beer traps because I thought I had a slug problem what I found in my beer traps were flea beetles for some reason flea beetles like beer. I also made a spray of water mixed with crushed garlic, dish soap & water. I didn't spray everything just the problem areas these two in combination has seemed to wipe out the beatles.

Other methods here >> https://voices.yahoo.com/natural-methods ... 94784.html

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

good suggestions. Garlic-pepper spray with a little bit of soap added is often recommended for insect problems, especially soft bodied insects.

I would just be careful with the dish "soap" which usually isn't soap (natural, organic), but detergent (synthetic). The detergent can burn plants. Either use a real soap such as Dr Brunner's, Ivory or be sure the detergent is just a drop or two in a bunch of water.

imafan26
Mod

So that's what they look like. I usually see the shot holes in the eggplant and something jumping, but usually don't actually see the beetle. Thanks for the tip

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”