RyNJ
Cool Member

Banana-scented stinkbugs

I think that's how I would describe them. A bit longer and thinner than the brown marmorated stinkbugs, they have seafoam goo inside and smell kinda of like bananas when squished.

I found a few, only about 5, lurking on my zukes and promptly dispatched them. They still smelled gross 'cause I hate bananas, but not quite as gross. Anyone know what they are or what kind of threat they may pose to my veggies (I've heard they go rough on tomatoes, but I haven't found any on them yet)? Is there any way to eliminate them? Ugh, not ready for them to make my house their motel this winter :(

john gault
Green Thumb

A picture would be nice.

applestar
Mod

I suspect they are squash bugs. I didn't notice the banana-like odor, but I was stomping on them with my garden boots....

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:I suspect they are squash bugs. I didn't notice the banana-like odor, but I was stomping on them with my garden boots....
besides, one should not go around sniffing whats on the bottom of boots. :P :lol:

Eric

RyNJ
Cool Member

Eh, problem seems to have been solved. Most of my vines got PM so bad I needed to pull them out the other day, and with many fewer places to hide now I can't find any.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”