Spooky0312
Newly Registered

Mystery bug killing cherry tree!

I don't know if they are responsible but my cherry tree is dying and covered with these orange and black bugs!

When u look at them from the side they are spiky.

I have photos... No idea how to show them on here

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

A picture would be a big help. Instructions for posting them can be found at the link below. :)

[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]How to Post Pictures & Photos on Forums[/url]

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

You don't say how old the tree is, standard, semi, dwarf and type of cherry. Cherry trees die from the inside out when they reach the end of their life span. At that point they usually start dropping limbs during the summertime or something like that or have a side of the tree that the branches are clearly dying. If that is what is happening then as the forestry deptment told us get it down asap. If it is a young tree did you spray this year with dormant spray, what was spring like? If it is young and it is very hot have you watered it? If it is a pest infestation then of coarse you should spray with insecticidle soap or something like that. Sorry, I can't help more without a lot more info

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”