oldleo

My chili pepper attacked by maggots?

Please have a look at my chili pepper,
[img]https://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee61/oldee9327/mini-IMG_1467.jpg[/img]
I think maggots are living inside the fruits. Please, is there any way to avoid the maggots?

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Did you slice one open to see? Interesting problem that I've never seen. I'd be tempted to pick the affected chili's and throw them far away and see if it helps. An application of Neem might be a good preventative after you've done that.

applestar
Mod

Doesn't it look like BER? either that or blight...Do hot peppers get them too? Why do you think there are maggots? And if there are, could it be because the fruits were already spoiled? Have they experienced uneven watering or too much watering? ARe ther lesions like this on the foliage as well?

HOM are you thinking Neem as fungicide or insecticide?

Huh! These are all questions! :shock:

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Neem for bugs on this problem, if there are larvae they have to come from adults.

oldleo

hit or miss wrote:Did you slice one open to see? Interesting problem that I've never seen. I'd be tempted to pick the affected chili's and throw them far away and see if it helps. An application of Neem might be a good preventative after you've done that.
I picked the affected chili, put them in a platic bag and put it in rubbish bin.

oldleo

applestar wrote:Doesn't it look like BER? either that or blight...Do hot peppers get them too? Why do you think there are maggots? And if there are, could it be because the fruits were already spoiled? Have they experienced uneven watering or too much watering? ARe ther lesions like this on the foliage as well?

HOM are you thinking Neem as fungicide or insecticide?

Huh! These are all questions! :shock:
Well, I don't think it is a problem of uneven or over watering. The leaves are very healthy. The fruits are spoiled by maggots.

oldleo

hit or miss wrote:Neem for bugs on this problem, if there are larvae they have to come from adults.
True, but I have yet to find out where to buy neem.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”