scot29
Cool Member

neem oil shelf life

Hi all. I'm going to try neem oil for the first time this year. I read the sticky, which has lots of good info. I'm thinking of ordering a 32 oz bottle of dyna-gro, but I was wondering if it has an expiration date, or if it would weaken over time. Tks.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I'm second year on my current bottle and it's just fine; these are natural oils and not as volatile (read unstable) as chemical ferts... I've gone three years on a bottle with fine results...

HG

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I have no memory of WHEN I purchased my Rose Defense. I know that it was after we moved to this house (which was in July 1997). So that's an early bound. I know that it was before April 2007, when I had knee-replacement surgery. So that's a late bound.

And it still works very well. As of this month, then, the Rose Defense (neem oil/azadirachtin active ingredient) is somewhere between 3.25 and 13 years old.

It lives outdoors, on a 4-foot-high "potting table," in a carport.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Vergil is sleeping very soundly, and has been for the past 2 or so hours, since we came home from being outdoors all day. We left the house at 0645--very early for him at any time, esp. post-op--and his extended sleep has allowed me my first extended visit to the forum since before his surgery on May 26. :D

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

There it is...

Good to hear about Vergil... :D

Good to have you back... :D

HG

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”