rainbowgardener wrote:Hard to tell without seeing them. Are they simple flat spots or do they have any dimension to them? I'm thinking the black spots are either the insect droppings or sooty mold.
But I'm thinking anything you do is going to involve cleaning all the leaves. A good general treatment for insects is soapy water spray -- a little bit of real soap (NOT detergent which burns leaves, dishwashing liquid is detergent) in water sprayed on top and undersides of all the leaves.
Do you know what brand of real soap and what about the sap ?