GardenGeek
Cool Member

Beetles urghhh

Hi

I am really sad these days because my Garden is overrun by the ugly Japanese beetles. They found our garden 1 year back and now I see them every where..I really wanna get rid of them
Someone told me that take some measures that would attract birds to your garden and leave rest to them(Birds will clear beetles and other insects in few weeks). I didn't consider that idea because I am not comfortable with the bird poops. I think they can damage your health seriously(Especially respiratory issues can arise).

Please suggest me a way out. I am sick of beetles now
Thankyou

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Really the bird poop outdoors is not an issue!

But here's an article about organic control of Japanese beetles:

https://vegetablegardens.suite101.com/article.cfm/pest_control_for_japanese_beetle

They are large and visible and slow, the first line of defense is just walk around and hand pick them. Their larvae are the fat white grubs curled up under your lawn. In the summer they are closer to the surface. Dig around in the lawn and pull out the grubs. (Since I do have birds, I just throw the grubs on the sidewalk or driveway where they can't burrow back in and let the birds have them!)

GardenGeek
Cool Member

Many thanks rainbow for clearing the birds poop issue and also for the japanese bettles control suggestions
That link is great :)

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”