I used 1 liter water with 1 tablespoon bakingsoda 1/2teaspoon soap

almost 4 times as heavy dosage , sprayed it only once
now the hairs on my buds are starting to turn brown verry quick

can I stop this?

what to doo? pleaee advise
thanks in advance

applestar
Mod

When did you spray? Last week? A few days ago?

As you have found out, heavy concentration of baking soda is an effective all-purpose herbicide and mold/mildew-cide. I'm not sure if it will help at this point, but the first thing to do would be to thoroughly rinse the plants and flush the area with plain water to dilute. If the plant is in a container (I don't think it is but just in case), do this in a sink so the run-off doesn't affect other plants. If the plant is in the ground, be aware that if dilution is insufficient, other plants may be affected from the run-off. By the way, if you had accidentally used detergent instead of soap, that would also kill plants.

It may also help to provide extra shade to protect from strong sunlight (though this may not be a concern in Netherlands) while the plant recovers.

dutchsmoker
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:When did you spray? Last week? A few days ago?

As you have found out, heavy concentration of baking soda is an effective all-purpose herbicide and mold/mildew-cide. I'm not sure if it will help at this point, but the first thing to do would be to thoroughly rinse the plants and flush the area with plain water to dilute. If the plant is in a container (I don't think it is but just in case), do this in a sink so the run-off doesn't affect other plants. If the plant is in the ground, be aware that if dilution is insufficient, other plants may be affected from the run-off. By the way, if you had accidentally used detergent instead of soap, that would also kill plants.

It may also help to provide extra shade to protect from strong sunlight (though this may not be a concern in Netherlands) while the plant recovers.
thanks for the answer
I sprayed yestreday morning
this morning I noticed and I did rinse them with water and gave allot of
water to the soil and then I sprayed the plant with rhizotonic
a nutrative for the plant
and indeed there is no direct sunlight today so I hope it will work
the recovery that is

difference soap - detergent?

all ideas are welcome

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Both are surfactants that lift dirt, but soap is a natural product and biodegradable. Detergents are synthetics and not biodegradable.

Soaps are things like Ivory soap powder and Dr. Brunner's pure Castile Soap (which I love!). Detergents are most dish detergents, laundry detergents, etc.

dutchsmoker
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:Both are surfactants that lift dirt, but soap is a natural product and biodegradable. Detergents are synthetics and not biodegradable.

Soaps are things like Ivory soap powder and Dr. Brunner's pure Castile Soap (which I love!). Detergents are most dish detergents, laundry detergents, etc.
ohh ooooooh I used the soap for the dishes
wich is detergent
so I kiled my own plants?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
anny remedy????

thanks

dutchsmoker
Newly Registered

pfeeww

this morning it looks like the buds are starting to recover a little
as they are not so brown annymore
so I washed the again this morning
hope they will survive
anny ideas are welcome
thanks

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Good chance they will recover, if it was only a 1/2 tsp detergent. If they've been well rinsed, then all you can do now is wait and see.

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”