bananabat

leaf-footed bugs on yellow & white squash

today the leaf-footed bugs showed up in full force. I haven't seen a single one in months. Today there were a couple dozen, easy. Anybody know any good tricks to keep em away?

Diane
Green Thumb

I don't know about those bugs, but I had/have a small problem with cuke bugs. They are too fast to kill. I noticed that they fly away when I come near.
I now tap and shake every plant every day. My cukes and butternut squash and their leaves look much, much less chewed now. The newest vines, leaves and fruit look almost untouched.

bananabat

Hmmm, I've been trying to kill the ones that I come across, but they're persistent. I don't know if I'm making much of a dent.

Since the plants were small I've been periodically applying NEEM oil, but it's not effecting the population of aphids, etc... Um, I picked up some BT and some garlic/pepper ferment (I read about making something similar to this product in another forum around here somewhere. Here: [url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18219[/url])

Does anybody know how effective these treatments are or have any advice for applying them?

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”