top_dollar_bread

can a pepper be too hot for a pepper spray??

I have some caribbean red hot peppers and THEY ARE freaken HOT!! :eek: last time I checked there at the top of the list of hot peppers..

should I be worried about using them as a repellent?? Can high levels of capsaicin harm plants, leafs, soil microbes??? Or is it just the smell that deters critters?

pharmerphil

top_dollar_bread wrote:I have some caribbean red hot peppers and THEY ARE freaken HOT!! :eek: last time I checked there at the top of the list of hot peppers..

should I be worried about using them as a repellent?? Can high levels of capsaicin harm plants, leafs, soil microbes??? Or is it just the smell that deters critters?
Red Caribbean peppers were at the top of the charts until recently, the Worlds hottest is now Bhut Jolokia...3 times as hot!

But, in answer to your question, although the red Caribbean is Really Really hot...neither it or the hottest (Bhut) In My opinion/experience will harm your plant or soil microbes...

top_dollar_bread

pharmerphil wrote: Red Caribbean peppers were at the top of the charts until recently, the Worlds hottest is now Bhut Jolokia...3 times as hot!
3 times hoter :shock:, that crazy hot
pharmerphil wrote:But, in answer to your question,In My opinion/experience will harm your plant or soil microbes...
any suggestions on how to dilute it?? I got a lot of hot peppers and id planed on using them on problem critters, diluted with water...Now I'm guessing a lot of water

Return to “Organic Insect and Plant Disease Control”