Nancyms
Newly Registered

HELP! Succulent ID

HELP! My family bought me this plant and I have no idea WHAT it is. I've guessed succulent, but it didnt have a tag. I have no idea how to care for it. It was GORGEOUS when I got it and I am slowly killing it with lack of care. I have tried searching through pics of succulents, but unable to find anything I think looks like this. Please help before its beyond any help!! Any help you can give would be appreciated by me - and the poor plant that drew the short straw when purchased for me! 😔 Thank you in advance, from both of us!
Attachments
16152584285488100902792919846654.jpg
Last edited by Nancyms on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

It is a succulent, but I'm afraid I don't know what kind.
On succulents I know they need bright light and not much water. I love succulents, but succulents don't love me...

Nancyms
Newly Registered

Thank you so much! I deeply appreciate the response. I'm glad I was correct in at least the type of plant! I love plants and I'm pretty good at taking care of them - that said, I feel I may be in the same boat with you - as far as the unrequited love 😔 I think this succulent hates me, and I just want to save its life!! I'm afraid it just thinks I'm trying to kill it!
Thank you again for taking the time!

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I love plants as well, but I can kill a houseplant quicker than an outdoor plant. 😂 Sit your succulent in a very bright location. Not direct sun unless maybe a dab of morning sun. How often do you water it? Succulents don't require a lot of water, just like cacti. Succulents turn to mush if you overwater.

Also, what kind of soil is it in? Succulents need very well drained soil, perhaps a sandy mixture.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”