anomalocaris

Haworthia fasciata pup

I had a Haworthia fasciata that I overwatered, and the roots and some of the lower leaves started to rot. I saved as many healthy leaves as I could, and one of them has produced this cute little pup! It's still really tiny and I don't see any roots yet, so I'm wondering what the next step is. Should I pot it now or wait for it to get a big bigger? Thanks!
Attachments
EEHWgOAU0AAVdsS.jpg

applestar
Mod

I’m not a succulent person though I have some really sturdy ones that don’t need much care. I think I would put some clean sand in a small clay pot and put the baby attached to the mother leaf ON THE SURFACE, then keep the pot in a shallow saucer of water. I might put succulent mix in the bottom 2/3 of the pot with the sand layered on the top 1/3 so I don’t have to repot later.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

I own a Haworthia! I'm really surprised it has lasted as long for me as it has. It has a pup, to; but I'm too afraid to cut it off into it's own plant. One rule about succulents, is you have to hardly ever water it, which is probably why my plant is still alive. :oops:

anomalocaris

I'll do that. Thank you!

anomalocaris

Well...I dropped the leaf and the pup fell off, so now it's in the sand on its own. I guess I'll just have to hope it'll root.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Maybe a little rooting hormone may help it along?

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”