Seaecho
Newly Registered

Variegated Haworthia question

Variegated haworthia fasciata.jpg
Someone is selling this Haworthia fasciata variegata. When I looked it up, the variegated ones didn't have this type of variegation. Is this actually variegation, and will it stay this way? I'm wanting to buy it. Thanks!

imafan26
Mod

I think it is haworthia zebra. It has more pronounced white horizontal stripes than fairy washboard.
mountaincrestgardens.com/haworthia-fasciata-zebra-haworthia-zebra-plant/

applestar
Mod

Mine (regular zebra) gets pink like that if dried out or gets too much sun when not sufficiently acclimated ...or generally stressed.

This one also looks oddly bunched together.

applestar
Mod

I don’t take very good care of mine — these are one of the plants that “manage” on their own most of the time, occasionally dried out but not too much. I keep them outside on a picnic table under a tree canopy during the summer....

Here they are, indoors for the cold months — they usually bloom (insignificant flowers on long stalk) some time while indoors.

- The original/biggest plant suffered this summer when I accidentally left it in a tray and it got flooded — lost a lot of the older leaves and is looking really shabby and in need of repotting. :oops:

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”