Jessica_c

LITHOP HELP!!!

Hi I am new to growing lithops and was wondering if anyone can help me with my lithops starting to wrinkle.

I live in the Bay Area, CA (zone 10a). I got these lithops from a seller and they came perfectly healthy without wrinkles.

On 6/16 I replanted them into two pots to spread them out and haven't watered them. They are in a west facing window and get a decent amount of afternoon sunshine, but slowly have started to wrinkle as shown in pictures. It's only been a week and a half and I'm not sure what to do because it seems like I'm already killing them. Also if anyone have any advice on lithop soil? Should I be using a blend of pumice, river gravel, sand, etc? Or just succulent potting mix and perlite? Any advice is helpful and would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks for listening.
Attachments
6/24/2018: wrinkles
6/16/2018: New from seller (no wrinkles)
6/16/2018: New from seller (no wrinkles)

TTDXB
Newly Registered

Hi there,
Do you have an update on your lithop? Did it stop drying it out?

Unfortunately I don't have any advice to give you since I am also a totally newbie gardener myself but came on here to look for lithops advice.

I bought this type of lithop too (from LA) and moved it from the tiny pot it came in into a roomier one. The soil was so compacted and tight and I was too scared to loosen it. Did you loosen the original soil? What mix did you use?

Caveat: I live in Dubai. My last lithop exploded one fine day....

Jessica_c

Yes so sorry I did not update this!! I pulled them from their original soil, and cleaned all the roots to check to see if they were healthy. I repotted them in a grittier mix made of mostly pumice and a little catuc/succulent soil. They just needed water. I gave them a nice soak and moved them from a west facing window to east facing window. It's a fool proof way to not overwater them if you let them get wrinkly. It's going so good I have 8 more coming in the mail tomorrow! Sorry for the late response! Let me know how yours are doing:)
Attachments
IMG_0449.JPG
PHOTO UPDATE
PHOTO UPDATE

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”