Lithop14
Newly Registered

What's happening to my lithop? Please help!

Hi everyone, just this morning I discovered my lithop to look like this (refer to the picture). It feels like a plastic bag filled with water about to burst anytime. I watered it the day before, just a couple drops of water and then today, this happened. Hope you guys are able to give me advice on this!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
IMG-20170729-WA0003.jpg

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Just a guess - more sun less water.

Succulents thrive in a sunny, hot, dry climate. You may be loving it to death. :wink:

Lithop14
Newly Registered

ElizabethB wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Just a guess - more sun less water.

Succulents thrive in a sunny, hot, dry climate. You may be loving it to death. :wink:
Hello thank you!

I see, I live in the tropics where it's hot and humid. Temperatures are a high of 35c and at night temperatures drop to around 25c. It's pretty tricky to grow lithops in these conditions because we don't have seasons plus it's incredibly humid here.

Do you think the lithop is rotten? And also, should I remove the seemingly dead lithop or leave it there?

Thank you so much for your help!

imafan26
Mod

Lithop really doesn't like a lot of water. When you do water it, you have to make sure you pat any excess off with a cotton ball, they are sponges and they will water log easily. When lithops shed their leaves, they have to be totally dry for about 3 months or they will die.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”