NatTheCat
Newly Registered

Angel Wings/Bunny Ears Cactus Drooping

Hi,
I've had this cactus for over a year now and it's been in the pot it's in for quite some time however in the past few weeks some of the larger pads on it have stated to warp and bend whereas before they stuck straight up. I did cut off a few of the pads propagate them a few months ago but since then the new growth on this cactus has been a yellow-green colour. I'm not sure if it's lacking minerals or something.

Anything I can do to bring this guy back to life? Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks.
Attachments
IMG_7525.JPG
IMG_7524.JPG
IMG_7523.JPG

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Needs more light. Is that the spot with the most sun that you have available?

NatTheCat
Newly Registered

purpleinopp wrote:Needs more light. Is that the spot with the most sun that you have available?
It's in a west facing window which gets strong light in the afternoon and evening. I'm not sure any of the other windows in my house would be any better than this one.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Can you put a florescent light over it? That would give it more light. Make sure you use daylight or plant spectrum bulbs. The higher the kelvins the better it is for plants.

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Some plants just need more light to remain normal looking than is possible next to our brightest window. When that is the case, one can enjoy a more unusual looking specimen if it remains otherwise healthy, &/or seek other plants that can thrive in the amount of available light.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”