Jbt411
Newly Registered

Aloe Vera, Frost GOT it, now showing signs of life

Over the winter, I left my plant out on a freezing night and it took a big hit. Though for sure it was dead/dying. I trimmed all the bad leafs and there wasn’t much left besides the bulb. Just let it sit there after that, waiting for final death BUT spring is here and it’s showing signs of life!

Have no idea how to help it along OR if I should just let it chill, not do anything? Should I cut the top part off?

I’ve had it for three years and glad to see that it made after thinking it was a goner for sure.

ImageImage

imafan26
Mod

The top part could be cut back, but I would wait till the pups are a little larger. You could actually take off one of the pups then and pot it up separately.

Jbt411
Newly Registered

awesome!

Thanks for response. Probably wait for the pups to grow then cut the top back.

I've replanted both my plants in the past but they didn't grow well for a few months after that. Don't want to risk any extra trauma. Plus I've never separated aloe plants before, only watched videos.

I'll just let it be until those little guys get going to be around 5 to 8" long.

Thanks for the advice, maybe come back and post before and after trim back.

imafan26
Mod

I have to thin my aloe patch multiple times a year. You can grow aloe from a leaf cutting so it is not hard. I just like to have a bit of the stem and some roots attached if I am going to pot up.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”