summersun

Help identify

Hi lovely gardeners,

Check it out...I got more succulents. :)

Row 1: I think this could be a Sedum? It's very very green and there are little babies growing between the leaves (see photo 3).

Row 2: Looks like a Fishhook senecio, but a little smaller and it doesn't have the indentation in the leaves. The whole plant is a lighter green although still very bright.

Row 3: Is this a Rhipsalis? I asked the girl in the store if it was and she said she doesn't think it's a Rhipsalis, and I'd have to ask the manager, who had just stepped out. It's growing in the seed/pit of a Cerbera odollam (or suicide tree/pong-pong tree). There's no soil and the roots (or what look like roots) seem to be embedded into the Cerbera odollam seed.

Any idea what these are? Especially Row 3, as I have no idea how to take care of it.

Have a lovely day and sunshine to you all! :)

SS x
Attachments
Succulent collection2.jpg

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Hi SummerSun,

Warm welcome to the forum. I will not attempt to identify your succulents but care is simple. I have a 24' clay pot saucer on my patio table - under the patio cover. I mixed 1/3 compost, 1/3 course mason sand and 1/3 all purpose potting soil - no fertilizer in the soil. In South Louisiana our humidity is so high that I rarely water my succulents. If we experience a period of low humidity and no rain I give them a small drink. They are happy. The saucer stays out year round. This year our winter consisted of 2-3 days of temperatures in the low 20's. I may have lost or severely damaged my Satsuma but the succulents were not phased. Go figure.

BTW - I never fertilize my succulents.

Succulents thrive on neglect. Over loving them is the worst thing you can do.

Good luck and again warm welcome.

:-() Sunny Days back to you.

summersun

Thank you, yes after several losses I think I have finally learnt the art of ignoring my succulents. It has not been easy.
Care to venture a guess at what my succulents are. I'm very new to succulents so any suggestions would be very welcome, especially with Row 3.

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

The top one looks like an Echeveria/Graptoveria, something in that realm

#2 looks like Sedum rupestre (AKA S. reflexum.) Looks like it could use a bit more sun. Should bloom yellow flowers soon.

#3 looks like a Rhipsalis/Rhipsalidopsis/Hatiora. Compare to Rhipsalis baccifera.

summersun

Ohhhh thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Really really appreciate the ID, I have been scouring google for quite some time trying to find these.
So happy about one of them being a Sedum. I really wanted a Sedum in my tiny collection. I've now moved it to a sunnier spot. Hoping it will look better soon.
I have also since acquired another succulent - a Sarcostemma brunonianum, which I initially mistook for a pencil plant (Euphorbia tirucalli). Will post picture soon.

purpleinopp
Green Thumb

Happy to try to help your investigation!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”