Ka_ba_be
Newly Registered

My 40 year old Cactus(s) are not doing well!! Help!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We have inherited 2 large 40 year old cacti.
One is 3 feet tall and one is 6 feet tall. We moved them home a year ago- and my husband trimmed the tops- they were getting top heavy.
Since then they are not doing all that well- one looks to me like it might be getting small holes in its truck-and one looks like a new arm is wilting.
I'm attaching some pictures- really hope we can save these baby's- they are large and beautiful!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

baileysup
Green Thumb

What kind of light do they get, and for how long?

baileysup
Green Thumb

I've taken a better look at the pictures. I first viewed them on my phone, so I couldn't see them well. After seeing the pictures better, I can say that plant does not look good, and could very well already be 100% toast. I would cut anything "green" off of it, and try to root the pieces. At least this way the plant can live on. And AFTER the pieces have rooted, and started to grow, they will need some decent light. Plants really enjoy light, and especially some sunlight. It could also have a parasite, or something, but the bottom line is that thing is toast. That's why it's sprouting all the new growth. It's a last chance effort to survive, and with your help, it could.

enigmaticcurses1977

Best of luck - it's beautiful

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”