mulderitsme
Location: Central Valley, California, zone 9, container/patio gardening

Succulent ID, help. Possible kalanchoe

I understand it is not in proper soil, which may be why it has that spot on it. :cry: I plan to change it soon. Could it be rotting? Or maybe sunburned? When I got it, it was about half the size it is now and seems to be doing ok (besides the spot of course). It's in a partial shade area. Before it was in direct sun and did not do well at all.
Possibly a kalanchoe? It is covered in thin fuzz.
I would like to know what kind it is so I can find out if that pot is going to be big enough for it. I'm afraid I may need to repot it already.
Thank you for your help!
Attachments
IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg

imafan26
Mod

I don't think it is a kalanchoe. Kalanchoe leaves are succulent but the ones I know of are more shiny and they don't have a fuzz. The edges of kalanchoe leaves are notched or serated.

Yours is a succulent and not a cactus. It might be one of the crassula species. It is easier to tell if their was a flower and more leaves. When succulents don't get the high light they need, they stretch out and don't form the tight rosettes they normally would.

I think your pot is also much too big as well as needing a well drained slightly alkaline soil.

mulderitsme
Location: Central Valley, California, zone 9, container/patio gardening

Thanks for your reply! I'll find a better pot for it. I had it in direct sunlight for a little while, but the afternoon sun started killing it and a few leaves turned brown and started to decompose. I will find a better spot for it so it tightens back up.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”