cecilly
Newly Registered

Is this insect infection?

Hello

I just got these two split rock. Looks like there are little holes in them. I am new to succulent plant not sure if the holes are the sign of insect infection. If so, do you have any recommendations on the indoor pesticide? How to apply?
Thanks
Attachments
IMG_5293.jpg
IMG_5292.jpg
IMG_5294.jpg
IMG_5291.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Those are lithops and they are very hard for me to grow. They only need to be watered once a month thoroughly, let the water drain through the pot. Pat the lithops dry of any remaining water. It needs to be in as much light as you can give it. Once a year it sheds its leaves. Don't water it for about 3 months but it still needs to be in the light. Lithops and most indoor cacti have problems with mealy bugs and fungal disease, The top one might have had some water and it looks like surface scarring

I can't believe that only cost you $1.49 mine was only as big as the pebbles and it cost $10.00

https://www.lithops.info/

cecilly
Newly Registered

imafan26 wrote:Those are lithops and they are very hard for me to grow. They only need to be watered once a month thoroughly, let the water drain through the pot. Pat the lithops dry of any remaining water. It needs to be in as much light as you can give it. Once a year it sheds its leaves. Don't water it for about 3 months but it still needs to be in the light. Lithops and most indoor cacti have problems with mealy bugs and fungal disease, The top one might have had some water and it looks like surface scarring

I can't believe that only cost you $1.49 mine was only as big as the pebbles and it cost $10.00

https://www.lithops.info/
Thank you for the reply. You don't think those scars and holes are due to the insects? I just got them two days ago. They were shipped to me bare root. I potted them with the soil on top of the lava rocks. By the way the $1.49 is only for the pot... :P

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”