Rocketdogroya
Newly Registered

Cactus discolouration

I have an inherited cactus that I am struggling to even name its variety so safe to say I know nothing about it.
It has discolouration and even with Googles help I've not manged to identity what the issue with it (the nearest I can get is rot or sunburn but I don't think it's either issue) and I am hoping you lovely people can help point me in the right direction so I can help it!

Thank you.
Attachments
20160612_110321.jpg
20160612_110332.jpg
20160612_110341.jpg
20160612_110407.jpg

baileysup
Green Thumb

Not sure if this pic will work (if not I'll go through photobucket), but last spring, I put my plants out early. The weather forecast was slightly wrong, and it got a little too cold out, causing most of my plants to suffer freeze damage. My cactus looks very similar to yours, so my guess is it suffered freeze damage, or too cold of temperatures. This was very costly damage, as it will be years before my plants grow out of it. I'm more careful now with checking the weather temps, and leave more room for error, because it's just not worth it. Hopefully, both of yours continue to grow. The one should, but the other that has it at the tip, will be interesting to see what it does. Really, they both should continue to grow, but that damage will always be there. It's no reason to give up on them. Just gives them some character. Best of luck with them.

Here is a pic of what happened to my cactus, when it was left out in too cold of temperatures. The damage looks a lot like your cactus. Also, the date and time stamp on that pic is incorrect. It was just taken today, and I have just set the stamp on my camera, so future pictures will have a correct date and time.

Rocketdogroya
Newly Registered

Thank you so much for your help! The scars do look similar. I am glad it is likely to recover it has had a long life until coming to live with me and I do have an old draughty house so ill move it to a more temperature controlled area!! again thank you for your help!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”