jmputt
Newly Registered

mystery plant--sedum succulent???

howdy all! I picked this adorable little guy at the philly plant show, and have *no* idea what he is. the plant ID tag in his bowl read "assorted succulents." as you can see from the picture, he is not "assorted" and I'm doubting the succulent part. and, as can only happen to me, he was the only one of his kind on the shelving unit.

he measures about 1/2" high and 2" across. he's composed of pretty compact little leaves that feel really firm when you press down lightly; his soil looks run-of-the-mill and there are some wood chips. I really hope someone can help me out--I want to make sure that I'm caring for him the right way.

I posted this in the plant ID forum, and a member said that while her big book of succulents didn't have anything that matched him exactly, he closest resembled sedum succulent. what do y'all think?

TIA!

ps: his name is "oscar."
Attachments
Oscar--super-close-up.JPG
Oscar--profile.JPG
Oscar--from the top.JPG

Asica

I would also say it is a sedum, I have similar but not exact. Also it became popular to plant succulants in those glass containers, so that is my other clue. Btw. This container is all wrong because there s not hole on a bottom. If this is a succulants, I do not think he enjoys those wood chips either. Hope somebody can help you more

jmputt
Newly Registered

thanks asica!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”