Ofla912
Newly Registered

Repotted succulent is slowly dying... My perception

I repotted a succulent recently and the bottom leaves keep on withering away. Need help fast. I'm using cactus soil potted and waited a week to really water. I don't want to water again for fear of overwatering but I'm not sure if I have underwatered. Grrrr :oops:
Attachments
image.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Cactus have delicate roots so it could be transplant shock. Water when the pot is almost dry and make sure it is not sitting in a saucer full of water. While it is possible to kill a succulent by not watering enough ( I have done that) there is more risk in overwatering. If this was a transplant with roots and not a rooted cutting. I myself would have watered it in to make sure that the air spaces were filled and then checked for when it needed watering again.

Cuttings need to be callused off about a week before planting but you cannot put a fresh cutting in a pot and wait a week to water, it can rot if the cut end is not exposed to air.

catgrass
Green Thumb

The picture you sow is of a very hardy succulent. It will probably come back if you leave it alone with sufficient light. What type of pot is it in? Succulents prefer terra cotta pots.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”