Jennylynne87
Newly Registered

Aloe Vera

My aloe Vera plant has some brown things shooting out of it...I don't even know how to describe it but I attached a photo. Anybody know what this is?? I don't know much about these plants. Help!!
Attachments
image.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know, but since no one responded, I'm bumping your post so more people may see it.

It's very strange looking and I have to assume it is something fungal, because that's what weird growths usually turn out to be.

Looking at the picture closely, the clump on the right appears to be coming out of your potting mix, rather than directly from the plant. What kind of mix are you using?

Aloe like dry, very well drained conditions, and is usually grown in cactus mix. If that is some kind of fungus, it suggests that you are keeping the plant and the potting mix too moist.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I love Aloe Vera plants, but have never had one. I don't know what those protuberances are on your plant, but if I were to guess, looking at your picture, I'd guess that they are new leaves or new roots. Since they are above the soil, I'd say new leaves.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I have a different plant - not a succulent - that has roots that look sort of like that.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”