lakesRus84

Need advice on ROOT BOUND HOYA & REPOT please!

(NOTE: I cant post pics unfortunately. Havent been able to since I sogned up with this forum. I get an error code at every attempt.)
Anyways... I bought a few mid-larger size hoya plants from Walmart & Lowes last week (as mentioned in previous post but no reply's). Everything has been going fine thus far. I've done nothing with them yet, not even water (soil isn't dry enough yet), and today I'm detecting a possible issue with the Hoya "Wayetti" that I have no idea how to manage....
When I bought this plant, I noticed that the leaves look pale sort of... wasn't sure if this was normal for this plant, or a sign of distress, so he just been keeping a close eye.. In watching, I've seen that the paling color of the foliage is in fact increasing... Upon closer examination I found that this pot is ALL ROOTS. Roots are growing out of the top of the soil in the pot, and out the drainage holes.... the plant might be just a bit too root bound. I really can't "pot up" this plant, as its already plenty large enough for what I'm able to accommodate. How can I handle this? How can I help & repot this plant, but not increase pot size? A repot like this will be a bit of a challenge for me I expect, as its a vine, and its pretty big, but I aint scared! I'll be glad to see it OUT of this pure peat moss looking media its growing in now anyways... in my opinion, this media can't possibly be providing adequate drainage.
Thanks in advance to all who take the time to help me, help my plant! It cost me like 12 bux sooooo.... I kinda don't want it to die!

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I don't have any personal experience to assist you, but you might find the following helpful:

https://vermonthoyascom.fatcow.com/learn ... ound-hoya/

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”