diogee
Newly Registered

aloe help

I have 2 aloe plants. ones about 10 years old from a cutting from a huge plant someone had, and the other ones a cutting I took off it and rooted 2 years ago. they were doing excellent. I decided to copy my dad and put them outside with his seedlings he is starting for his garden. we got really close to a frost and I think it may have hurt them. the leaves were really droopy and soft, a few buckled from the weight and are kinda soggy, the soil was bone dry so I gave it a drink. 90% of both the plants have come back, the leaves are nice and firm except for the few that bucked that I guess are a lost cause. but the thing that is concerning me right now is the color. they kinda lost their green color and kinda have a cloudy white tint to em now.

I really don't wanna loose either of them, I know if I take care of them they will outlive me, the guy who started mine was saying that it could technically be a 1000 year old plant from when it actually came from a seed, I could like clone it as many times as I want, which I did once, a piece broke off and I just stuck it in 50/50 sand and dirt and it grew. I love these lil guys, I always show people them cuz its like something living that ive had forever which I think is cool. and I wanna see one of em flower one day, the big one after I transplanted it started sprouting like 10 more leaves outta the dirt, its a trooper, it legit had no roots when I transplanted it, we couldnt understand how it made it, but it did, this was a year ago and they were doing great till I brought em out and we got a random cold spell

if it helps, I know it said it in the email to activate my account, I live in USA, Connecticut, the northeast, and the plants are outside on a picnic table and get abundent sun from about 10 till dark, the morning the suns kinda behind some trees on the side of our property

diogee
Newly Registered

I don't have current pics as my fone broke, but this is them about 2 months ago
Attachments
1509025_915632505136642_7815480139565379046_n.jpg
1926909_915632438469982_1253800016846511987_n.jpg

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”