CBHawk
Newly Registered

Large aloe love?

I have had my girl Big Bertha for about 3 years now she has been producing pups for about a year and I now have about 13 babies some still with me some in homes. This late winter about feb she started to put out a stalk which is flowering I am so proud!! But I noticed the other day she is starting to...tilt? Should I try to right this, am I doing something wrong? I am moving her to a larger pot since it is warm enough for her to start staying outside. I also rotated her in my home so all sides got sun and she stayed in the sunnier spots! She has always and will always be a pot indoor/outdoor plant! I use a mixture of topsoil and horse manure. Rocks in the base to make sure she doesn't get too much water. I have never had a aloe before her and she has kind of been my baby along with my catnip and mint! I just want to make sure I am doing right by her!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

puzzlejunky
Cool Member

I don't have the answer to your question..but wondering where you are located that you got it to bloom. Wondering if it can be done here in pa....

puzzlejunky
Cool Member

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack your thread :)

How does cbhawk get it to not tilt?

veeneck
Newly Registered

I live in Los Angeles (zone 10a) and I have just about every kind of aloe, they are probably the most successful plants in my yard. My soil is decomposed granite which is perfect for them, and of course we don't get cold enough here to have to overwinter them inside. They actually bloom in the winter!!

If it is tilting it might be leaning towards the sunlight. I would turn the pot around the other way and then it might straighten itself out. Otherwise I wouldn't be afraid to stick something under it to prop it up so it sits the way you like it. I tend to be kind of careless with them, though, since they grow so prolifically here and I am not afraid to move them around or otherwise mess with them.

8)

CBHawk
Newly Registered

You are fine and I am in the northern part of SC near the blue ridge mountains this winter was rough with lows in the single digits many nights. This girl was inside ALL winter as soon as we had the first threat of frost I brought her in! I actually lost 3 of my strawberry plants and they are seasonal. Not to mention I have never had that happen before! This is the first year she bloomed and her shoot came out while still inside I think you should be fine so long as you keep your aloe a indoor outdoor plant!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”