A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Save My Echeveria imbricata :)

My Echeveria imbricata just died, but I have a load of healthy leaves from it. They are drying on the kitchen counter. Please give me some tips on how to propagate them and also what to do with my weak, but alive Pachyveria "Belle Blue" and my Haworthia radula.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't grow succulents, but what I have read about propagating hens-and-chicks is that it extremely easy. Let the leaves dry for 3 days, for the cut to callous over, and then just lay them on the soil and wait for them to root.

For the other plants you mention, pictures always help.

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

Ok thanks! :)

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

I have the same problem now with my Pachyveria "Belle Blue". I touched a leaf and it fell off. I repeated the process and they all fell off except the top ones. I have the leaves. I let them callus for three days and then found an old headphone box with a plastic window that had upturned edges, so it could hold soil. I put potting mix in and placed the leaves on top of the soil. I still have the original Pachyveria plant with top leaves and new leaf growth center on it. (The new leaf growth center is my name for the place where new leaves grow on a plant. In some plants, like this one, there is only one new leaf growth center, while in other plants, like most [if not all] trees, there are many.) What do I do now?

A Happy Seedling
Green Thumb

I have one sprouted leaf. It is growing well!

steve055
Newly Registered

First of all, it’s important to keep in mind that dying leaves are a natural part of every plant’s life — and succulents are no exception. This doesn’t always mean that your succulent is dying, or that you’re doing anything wrong.

As your plant grows, it creates new leaves, while the older ones die. So, if you’re seeing dry, crispy leaves at the bottom of the plant–and only at the bottom– there’s no need to worry. This is normal!

To know full details of echeveria please visit - https://www.eagrovision.com/echeveria

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”