KittieKAT

Are these Lithop Seeds?

Hi, so many have prob read that I run a non profit program for kids in poverty stricken area's around my town called spare pots from thoughtful hearts, I run and organize this program for the children and I was looking endlessly for lithop plant's or seeds for donation and had finally given up hope and dug into my rent money to order lithop seeds from a well known person on eBay... soo I thought why not and shoveled out $40 with shipping for a pack of 200 mixed lithop seeds and to my surprise :eek: when I opened the package today this is what I received!

I mean I'm no expert on seeds but I've seen lithop and other mesemb seeds and I've NEVER ever...ever seen lithop seeds that look like this, they are huge and look like crushed up black pepper in those glass shakers that grind the pepper up onto your food...

It seems to me I been dooped and robbed buy these people :(
I feel so sad for the kids who wanted to grow these so bad for there own pot .: (

I pray I am wrong but I dunno...
Can someone Please correct me if I'm wrong and tell me if these are in fact lithop seeds or have I been screwed over for $40 ...

Thanks
Attachments
CAM01769.jpg
Last edited by KittieKAT on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

They could be

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8492/8450 ... ff4b_z.jpg

why in a program for children, did you decide to grow lithops? They are incredibly slow growing and then they just sit there and do nothing and are good for nothing.

This

https://www.strangeplants.com/PlantGLSS.html

has a picture of baby lithops started from seed. The picture is after A YEAR of growing and they are still tiny babies.

It seems like it would be much more rewarding for children to grow something that grows quickly and then makes pretty flowers or herbs or can be eaten...

KittieKAT

We've grown all types of cacti/succulents and mesembs they wanted lithops and other mesembs soo they could learn the joy of growing plant's, it's about teaching children reward for there patience and there hard work and to teach them that not everything is easy and quick inn life something's that are good and beautiful come to those who wait.

Plant's are to expensive to buy anyways and we don't get to many donations of plant's that aren't dying but even if they are it still teaches the kids that with alot of hard work and patience and knowing how to take care of a living thing is the reward in they end and when the plant becomes healthy and beautiful they take the pride in knowing that they did it and they learn valuable life lessons.

I grow a large assortment of plant's including mesembs and I know they are slow growers, it's not about how long it takes for them to grow to adult hood it's the values, goals and rewards they learn by growing these plant's that teaches the children. It's just like kids looking forward to Christmas. ....they are all excited when it finally comes!

KittieKAT

And thanks for the lithop seeds type picture's unfortunately they don't look like any on that list or any other's I've searched up online...

KittieKAT

The actually sprouted something! Time will only tell WHAT they will be

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”