Lori.stribling
Newly Registered

Need help identifying a succulent

I'm completely new to succulents and recently acquired a few. Can anyone tell me what this one is? Also, it recently has one stalk that is starting to bend over. Does this stalk need cut or pruned? How do you correctly do that? Does it need a larger pot? ( it is in a smaller pot sitting on a small block for drainage purposes within the decorative pot). Any suggestions ? Thank you!
Attachments
image.jpg

david90531

This is a jade (crassula) of some sort, and it is stretching for light. It needs to be at a bright/sunny location of your house if you're growing indoor. The soil it's in looks quite heavy. You might have to repot it into a more porous soil, a great beginner soil mix would be 50/50 perlite and potting soil. Or even more perlite than that. I'm not quite sure about cutting it so I'll wait for others to chime in on that.

Lori.stribling
Newly Registered

Thank you! I had been putting it in a sunny spot ( this spot is not where I keep it), but at the end of the day the one branch was really bent over yet away from the sun? I try to rotate which side faces the window. Should I put a little stake in the pot to support it? If it keeps getting heavier and taller should I repot? I'd rather have cuttings for elsewhere and keep this one small for my kitchen window :). - Thanks for the soil tip, too!

RosemarieRo

Looks more like an xGraptosedum to me.

KittieKAT

It looks like some kinda enchiva of some sort excuse the spelling , in order for it to go back to looking like a rosette shape it needs to be slowly reintroduced into full light. Cause it is very stretched out looking for Sun light
Don't just shove it into a bright sunny window orit will burn u need to slowly introduce stronger and stronger light for it adjust, and after a few weeks when it grows normally you can snip it off the elongated stem and letit dry and callous for a few days and then replant it in a 50/50 cacti and succulent mix and perlite for it to start growing roots again, and the leaves that are on the stem you can propagate those t make more plants, don't water the cut plant until u see some roots growing from the stem so it won't rot. Goodluck

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”