newfangl3d

New additions to the family!

https://imgur.com/a/ABxjK

Please feel free to add pictures of your own collections/new additions :)
Jenn

Sweyn

Re: New additions to the family!

Is the tiger a new addition, as well? :D

KittieKAT

Awwww kitty!

newfangl3d

As boss of the house, Max (the tiger) had to inspect the new plants :D I've had him and his brother for about 9 months now and they definitely keep me entertained :)
Jenn

Sweyn

Cats are very nosey. He's very nice.

I like your arrangement of your plants. Did you only put gravel on the surface or, did you mix it in the soil, as well?

newfangl3d

Thanks. This was my first arrangement. Most of my other succulents are all in their own pots, so I decided to try something different. I couldn't find cactus soil where I live so I mixed my own soil using compost (a cheap one which didn't have perlite) bark, sand and gravel. It's working well so far, but if I can find cactus soil I will buy it because it's a pain to mix all that stuff together in my kitchen!

To answer your question - most of the gravel is on the top but there's a little mixed in.
Jenn

david90531

Beautiful! I love the different colours of Echi you used in the dish garden. I also have a pulidonis I wish it could get more sun and have even more vibrant colours but I still love it.

I'm also quite new to the succulent world, made my first succulent dish 2 weeks ago

Sweyn

newfangl3d wrote:Thanks. This was my first arrangement. Most of my other succulents are all in their own pots, so I decided to try something different. I couldn't find cactus soil where I live so I mixed my own soil using compost (a cheap one which didn't have perlite) bark, sand and gravel. It's working well so far, but if I can find cactus soil I will buy it because it's a pain to mix all that stuff together in my kitchen!

To answer your question - most of the gravel is on the top but there's a little mixed in.
Thanks. Some ready made succulent soils contain gravel but, not much. This kind has been helpful to my plants. Some of them also have bark but, not enough sand so, it is necessary to buy some separately and add it.

Preparing your own soil is helpful. If you go to garden centres in towns and cities, you should be able to find prepared, cacti and succulent soil to buy. Have you tried that?

Sweyn

david90531 wrote:Beautiful! I love the different colours of Echi you used in the dish garden. I also have a pulidonis I wish it could get more sun and have even more vibrant colours but I still love it.

I'm also quite new to the succulent world, made my first succulent dish 2 weeks ago
Do you know the names of those plants? The dishes under the pots are a good idea.

david90531

Sweyn wrote:
david90531 wrote:Beautiful! I love the different colours of Echi you used in the dish garden. I also have a pulidonis I wish it could get more sun and have even more vibrant colours but I still love it.

Do you know the names of those plants? The dishes under the pots are a good idea.
Yup from front to back they are:
Anacampseros rufescens (this one is getting ready to flower)
Haworthia attentuna "zebra plant"
The cactus is Parodia of some sort I think
Senecio kleiniiformis "spearhead"
Kalanchoe luciae "flapjack" or "paddle plant"

newfangl3d

david90531 - I like your succulent bowl. Very nice! :)
Jenn

david90531

newfangl3d wrote:david90531 - I like your succulent bowl. Very nice! :)
Thanks! :) It's my first and maybe only one... since that's all the space I have! Some of the plants in there grow quite fast though, I might have to repot them sooner than I think.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”