newfangl3d

Please help ID my succulents

Hi all,

https://imgur.com/a/rF6Ih

I have used various websites and reference books to ID my succulents but I'm not 100% sure about them. I've added numbers and titles to each image (above). Please can you confirm if these are right or offer better suggestions?

Also, specific care advice for any of these would also be appreciated :) I live in a flat, so these are indoor-only plants!

Thanks in advance!

Sweyn

The photo that you labelled as #9 - Aloe Zanzibarica looks like Aloe juvenna https://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/ALOE/A ... uvenna.htm

I have experience of growing them. They are easy to look after and grow from cuttings.

Your other plants are unfamiliar because they are not kinds that I have experience of.

newfangl3d

Thanks for your response Sweyn. I did some googling and it looks like Aloe zanzibarica and Aloe juvenna (and Tiger tooth aloe) are used interchangeably. I've edited the title of the image and now I'm off to do some more research!

KittieKAT

I didn't kno YOU could prop aloes(??) I thought aloes aren't plants you can prop from?

Sweyn

KittieKAT wrote:I didn't kno YOU could prop aloes(??) I thought aloes aren't plants you can prop from?
No. I have some experience of doing that. They have grown well.

newfangl3d

KittieKAT wrote:I didn't kno YOU could prop aloes(??) I thought aloes aren't plants you can prop from?
I think you can propigate almost all succulents :) My Dad grows Aloe vera and he has to repot a couple times a year because they throw out so many pups that all his pots get full.

This article about succulent propigation is really useful:
https://needlesandleaves.net/blog/2013/5 ... succulents

Sweyn

newfangl3d wrote:Thanks for your response Sweyn. I did some googling and it looks like Aloe zanzibarica and Aloe juvenna (and Tiger tooth aloe) are used interchangeably. I've edited the title of the image and now I'm off to do some more research!
I also did some searching about them. It seems that zanzibarica and juvenna are so similar physically, that they are often mistaken for each other. From what I read, the differences between them are very small and subtle.

Even though they look so similar, they are two, different types of aloe.

newfangl3d

Sweyn - that's good to know. Do you think mine is definitely a juvenna? All the pictures look so similar!

Sweyn

I don't know. I'm not yet, familiar enough to distinguish the two types. I need to do more research.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”