KittieKAT

saved this plant from the garbage can...what is the I.D :-)

:mrgreen: newbie to the post, ignore this premature re-post
Last edited by KittieKAT on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

KittieKAT

saved this plant from the garbage can...what is the I.D :-)

Soooo i saved this and a few other's from a trash can at a store i pretty much have an idea of what they other's are but this one is just weird, i kno it's prob in bad shape, stretching from barely any light...etc...etc....etc...
But any idea's as to WHAT the I.D is or could be would be great, thank.

I usually acquire most of my plant's via the discarded pile cause they weren't "pretty" enough for ANYONE to want them, i nurse them back to health and beauty they once were and could be!
Attachments
CAM01535-1.jpg

KittieKAT

Re: saved this plant from the garbage can...what is the I.D

:mrgreen: nevermind THIS!
Last edited by KittieKAT on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

applestar
Mod

There ya go. Merged the two,
Will come back and clean up later unless someone else does.
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

KittieKAT

Thanx hunnie

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't know much about succulents, but this reminds me of the one called mother of pearl plant or ghost plant. If so, it will stay that pale color. Check it out and see what you think. I could be wrong, so other people should check me.
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

KittieKAT

I doubt it's a ghosts plant i got one of those it doesn't look the same, I'll check out this mother of pearl plant to see what i find, any more guesses of what it could be would be great thanks

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have 4 of those plants. I know it is not a ghost plant. Mine do good in full sun and better in shade as long as they get plenty of water. I had mine in a large pot for 2 years but yesterday I planted it under a shade tree. Do Google search for Succulent photos it wont be hard to find.

Pots are working me to death. I had about 150 pots so I planted almost all of them in the yard. I have about 25 more to transplant.

RosemarieRo

I believe it is xGraptosedum 'Ghosty'. If the blooms are yellow, that is likely what it is, as it is popular in the trade. It is often mistaken for Graptopetalum paraguayense, which has the common names Ghost Plant & Mother of Pearl.

KittieKAT

I saw something called "pinky" that looked similar but With so many mistaken i.d's online it's hard to say for sure, i like the way it looks with the elongated stem like it has due to bad lighting sooo I'm prob not gonna behead IT. ..but it's g getting full Sun and once it kinda heals up all its bruised it should look cute in my collection

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”