Greenhousegrandma

Check out the size of these Joshua Trees

Double Dog dare you to climb into my treehouse......these were in Goldfield Nevada.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Joshua Trees are magnificent and only grow in beautiful high desert country. A few years ago I did a Sierra Club service trip in Joshua Tree National Park, Calif. A week of primitive camping, working on pulling invasive mustard and replanting/restoring natives. It was a wonderful time with great people in phenomenally beautiful country.

lily51
Greener Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:Joshua Trees are magnificent and only grow in beautiful high desert country. A few years ago I did a Sierra Club service trip in Joshua Tree National Park, Calif. A week of primitive camping, working on pulling invasive mustard and replanting/restoring natives. It was a wonderful time with great people in phenomenally beautiful country.
What a great project. I've been to Joshua Tree and it is a beautiful,fascinating place.coming from Ohio, I felt I was driving through a different planet. We were there in mid Jan, weather was perfect for hiking.

Thanks greenhouse grandma for posting the photos. :D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm from Ohio too! :)

Interesting about the weather. We were there in April. It was very nice in the daytime, but very chilly at night - frost on the tents one night and very windy one night. But beautiful spring wildflowers.

Greenhousegrandma

As long as the soil is well drained they can take a lot. It hasn't been above 20° for a week now.

Greenhousegrandma

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”