tomf
Super Green Thumb

Cactus flowers photos

We were given this cactus and after we brought it in from out side it did this.

The things I do are an evolution and I am always learning. My way is not the only way of doing things, and I may and will change the way I do things as I learn better ways. So any advice that I give is in that spirit.

jbest123

Re: Cactus flowers photos

We have a different cactus that blooms for about a day and a half. Our Christmas cactus will get many blooms but never on Christmas.
cactus by tsebmj, on Flickr

P5270071 by tsebmj, on Flickr

baileysup
Green Thumb

I don't think I've ever seen one of those flower before. The flowers are nice and big on it. Very cool, and thanks for posting the pics. Awesome flowers.

applestar
Mod

What lavishing red blooms! :D How long did they last? Cactus flowers seem so fleeting.

Dragon fruit is a kind of cactus like tom's but they need to get pretty big (I think like 4-5 feet?) before they can flower and produce fruit. It's one of edible plants on my wishlist but I don't have the room. :(

I have a night blooming cereus that has white gorgeous flowers that only opens during the night for a single night. I couldn't get it to bloom this season though. (I did post photos some time ago)
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

baileysup
Green Thumb

Just looked at it again, and noticed just how humongous that one red flower is. Would have loved to see it in person. Those are some nice white flowers as well, jbest.

Greenhousegrandma

Wow, :-() those are very nice. They look so exotic.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”