Mini Mango!

[Adenium Obesum] - leaves all curled - no flowers

Hi all,

My Adenium hasn't been flowering for a few month now.. And all of it's leaves - inc. new leaves - all curled.
The leaves look healthy and green though - even the trunk is fine - and not soft or anything like that..

I thought that maybe the harsh summer sun (of Dubai) is making them like that, that they are protecting themselves from water evaporation.. But it seems that it's only mine that is like that!

I had even given it a fertilizer course...but no change AT ALL!!

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks*

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Can you post a picture? Worth a thousand words!

Tell us how you water (how much, how often, etc).

Mini Mango!

Hi RG!

I totally agree about the pics!
I was planning to take a picture of it and upload it together with my question, but I kept on forgetting untill I got fed up from my 'fish memory' and just made a post without any pics..

So, here's how it looks like..

I've also posted here another desert rose (with decapitated arms&legs..) which has same issue.. But this one had started dying from the top and when I cut off those branches the inside of them was black.
I had probably over-watered that one...
So I removed it out of the sand and let its roots dry in the sun for a while. Then planted it back.
Now it's doing much better.....except for the leaves though...

And the big one looks 'head-to-toe' healthy....except for the leaves though... -))

Watering I do any other day (in the evening), since it grows in the sand outside, and it's been a very hot weather here (like any other summer...) ..

Do you have an idea which fertilizer would be better for them?
I have two types which I use sometimes:

1) Dried (minced) manure.

2) Blue granules, which contain: 12-12-17 +magnesium 2% + sulfur 6%
-> (Extra Question: Do you know if this one is more for "greenery" or it is also to "enhance flowering"?
I needed actually something specifically for flowers, but they got me this one.. So I'm not sure if I can use it or I better buy something else for the flowers...)

Thanks!

Regards,
MM
Attachments
Big Adenium..
Big Adenium..
20131019_123343.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
Small Adenium..
Small Adenium..
20131019_123119.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
Small Adenium..
Small Adenium..
20131018_173504.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 4346 times

imafan26
Mod

I don't know anything about your climate, but if you have shorter, cooler days and a dry winter, it is probably going through a normal cycle.

Adeniums are related to plumeria and are in the same family. They drop leaves and go dormant in winter. I can leave young adeniums outside and they will keep some of their leaves, but the ones with mature "bellies" will rot with the winter rains. When the adeniums are brought under shelter and watered only sparingly (just enough to keep them alive), they drop all of their leaves and go dormant until they are taken out in Spring after the bulk of the rainy season has passed. Same thing happens with the frangipani.

https://www.dbg.org/system/files/41/orig ... 1279065141

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”