baileysup
Green Thumb

Cactus Flower Progression

My one cactus decided to flower again this year ( I forgot what kind it is, but I think it starts with a M). It did last year too, but I messed it up by fertilizing and watering it. The flowers stopped growing, and dried up immediately after I fertilized and watered it last year, so I'm guessing to just leave it alone till it's done pushing these out. Hopefully there's enough sun left to do the job, cause I'd love to see it. Here's the first photo, taken today. Not much yet, but hopefully they will all bloom. It looks like there's about 6 of them. Enjoy!:

baileysup
Green Thumb

After being out in the sun for just about an hour, one of the flowers bloomed:). I didn't think it was ready yet, lol. Small little guy, but nice. Also, don't forget that you can zoom in on these pics with the icon at the bottom of the pic. If you zoom twice, you can see much greater detail:

imafan26
Mod

It looks like echinocactus texensis aka mule crippler.

I have an echinocactus with a yellow flower it was labeled a Browne cactus.

baileysup
Green Thumb

Looks pretty much the same, but it possibly opened more today. It looks like there might be another two that push out, but not sure if they will make it at this point. If they do bloom, I'll post pics of course. Here's a few pics I took today (the last pic is really nice if you zoom in twice on it):

baileysup
Green Thumb

Wow, I wasn't expecting anymore blooms, but check this out. It looks like maybe some others will bloom, besides these two new ones. Here ya go, enjoy. Don't forget to zoom in twice on the pics:

baileysup
Green Thumb

The other two bloomed today, for a total of four flowers at once! The last pic is after it was in some better sun for a bit:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Beautiful!

baileysup
Green Thumb

Thanks Rainbow.

applestar
Mod

I can't get over how darling those flowers are on the prickly pincushion. :D

baileysup
Green Thumb

Thanks applestar. They are pretty neat ;)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”