lance54

dragon fruit won't fruit

I have a dragon fruit plant and it keeps dropping fruit. Well it flowers but it never goes to fruit and the flowers break off any suggestions folks.
thanks lance

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

not having had one in the past I do know it takes a few years to set fruit.

Hope someone can help you ;)

lance54

Thanks Green, its probably been about a year since I had this thing it looks pretty cool. Maybe someone else will now what's going on with it thanks again.

applestar
Mod

I was looking at them last year at Logee's website. They have really detailed growing guides.
Reason I backed off from buying one was this:
Once the vine matures at 4-5’, it will fruit throughout the summer producing 3-4 crops a year.
It's not that I would not grow something that needs to grow to 4-5' to fruit... It's just that I'm currently trying to get my super dwarf banana to mature, and was also considering getting another, larger variety of banana. I don't have the room to grow too many big tropicals since they have to be brought inside for the winter.

lance54

Thanks I'll check that site out.

Anyway bananas need a lot of water and fertilizer I just took out my banana tree's for a dwarf they really spread and took over, how many banana's can u eat? LOL

By the way I'm originally from NE Philly miss my cheese steaks and soft pretzels don't miss the cold weather.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”