JB Goode

Hybrid Pink Blush agave

I purchased a 3 in hybrid pink blush agave about 3 yrs ago. It did pretty well. The instructions from the grower was to put the plant in the sun for long periods of time and the plant will get more pink. Well it did and when winter came around it turned back to dark green. Five pups started popping up. I had a choice.==throw thm away or plant them and see what happened. I decided to plant all of them in one planter. It's been a success and the pups are changing to pink rather quickly ( faster than the mother plant). Plus the pups turn back to dark green when winter comes. I hope this style comes out nice. So far, the pups are growing nicely. They were 1 in when I potted them

baileysup
Green Thumb

They are looking great! I'm so glad that you decided to plant them, and not throw them away! When it comes to a lot of the hybrids, the color usually depends on the amount of sun received. It is true that the more sun they get, the more pink they will become. They are beautiful, and they look good the way you planted them. Nice job!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”