JeepKing
Newly Registered

Here is a pic
Attachments
Saguaro sprouts
Saguaro sprouts

JeepKing
Newly Registered

The better picture is too big so this is yall get!

baileysup
Green Thumb

JeepKing wrote:My saguaros finally sprouted!!! 8) 8) :eek:
Wow, that is so cool, and exciting! I can see them in the pic, the wittle baby saguaros! They're so cute! Congrats to you!

Spanishfly

I grew desert cacti with some success when I lived in chilly Scotland - but in a heated greenhouse. Nowadays I never use peat in any form - it is foreign to all cacti and attracts fungus gnats. Sadly most stuff labelled CACTUS MIX is full of peat - or even worse ´forest product´ - read sawdust. Nice healthy saguaro - good to give its roots room to grow - but don´t expect it to flower any time in the next century.

baileysup
Green Thumb

Spanishfly wrote:I grew desert cacti with some success when I lived in chilly Scotland - but in a heated greenhouse. Nowadays I never use peat in any form - it is foreign to all cacti and attracts fungus gnats. Sadly most stuff labelled CACTUS MIX is full of peat - or even worse ´forest product´ - read sawdust. Nice healthy saguaro - good to give its roots room to grow - but don´t expect it to flower any time in the next century.
Precisely

baileysup
Green Thumb

One of the cats knocked my saguaro off the first step a few days ago. The culprit knows I love animals, and perhaps took advantage. Good news is that somehow it sustained no damage, and pot was fine. Was a little work, but got her upright, and added some mix. Saw the roots too, and they were coming along nicely. Anyways, I saved her. Definitley pissed a little though.

baileysup
Green Thumb

I still have the saguaro, and will be posting an update sometime in the next couple months. I wonder if it grew any?

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”