baileysup
Green Thumb

Baby Jade

I wanted to show this baby jade off for you guys. I guess it's not that hard to do, but it took me a few leaves to get it right. It also took quite some time for the roots to develop from from the leaf, but that is just the growing conditions I have here. I present to you, my first baby jade from propagation. :D . Look to the right of the big leaf. It's small yet.

Happy Days

Congratulations! That's exciting. The feeling of rooting and growing a succulent plant like that is just the best. :D And good for you to keep on trying until you got it. A lot of people give up. I've found the succulents often do their thing when they want to and aren't as predictable as, say, seed germination. So very good for you.

baileysup
Green Thumb

Thank you. :)

Shade

Very cool. I love starting jades by leaf. My jade was about the size of the parent leaf in your picture almost 7 years ago now. It is now 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide with a trunk diameter of almost 5 inches. You can see a picture of it in my post a few posts below this one titled "Jade Plant". Have fun watching it grow!

UrbanGardenDiva

Congrats! Its the best feeling a succulent gardener can have I think- NEW GROWTH! Yours looks very healthy! I have actually just discovered a jade honey hole in my "trash" bucket I put all my clippings in, they've all got roots! Yay!

baileysup
Green Thumb

Just a little update on my first baby jade:

I'm expecting another to pop up this year, cause there is a second leaf in the pot. You can't see it in this pic cause it's a smaller leaf behind the one in the pic. Cheers

Shade

Awesome! It should really take off now! Enjoy watching it grow and take shape!

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”