Sam71
Newly Registered

Desert Rose

I've had my Desert rose for a couple of years now. This past winter I brought it inside to avoid cold temps, and dropped the watering to about once a month. (not all at once, but gradually through the fall). I was told it would go dormant and very little water was needed. It lost all of its foliage. Now the warmer weather is back and its again outside and gets watered when it rains. After about 3 weeks it still hasn't grown any foliage at all. The trunk and branches are firm and green. Is something wrong? or is it just taking its sweet time with waking up?

Tonio
Green Thumb

What are the tems like- especially @ night?

I was thinking of getting my DR out of hibernation too. I haven't watered since November.

Sam71
Newly Registered

the Desert rose trunk is firm, the branches are also firm. It all looks green, it just feels like it should be coming out of hibernation already. But I've never had it dormant for as long as I did this year. Is there something I should be doing to help it? Thought about pruning it, but not sure if that would be a good idea.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

You gave it a little water? Other than that, I think you should just be patient. :)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”