Matty7
Newly Registered

Help with identifying this succulent?

Hey everyone,

My mum wants to remove a lot of these succulent plants and replace them with some others. They are mostly about 50cm high by 50cm wide, and I was hoping to sell them at the local market as we have quite a few of the plants.

The problem is I'm not sure what they are. I know they are some form of succulent, the closest thing to them I could find was a type of aeonium. Is anyone able to identify them exactly?

Also would anyone know how much to sell them for? Or if many people are after these kind of plants? I live in Melbourne, Australia if thats any help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

[url]https://I.imgur.com/S6XH8.jpg[/url]

[url]https://I.imgur.com/MrZRl.jpg[/url]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Jade plant (Crassula). If you have a climate that it loves/adores, jade plant will grow in the ground and get very large. Our house has some jade plants that were already here when we moved in in 1997; those plants are over 6' (2m) tall. The trimmings that we stuck in the ground are now 4' (1.3m) tall. We keep the width narrower, since they'll take over the sidewalk otherwise.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Matty7
Newly Registered

cynthia_h wrote:Jade plant (Crassula). If you have a climate that it loves/adores, jade plant will grow in the ground and get very large. Our house has some jade plants that were already here when we moved in in 1997; those plants are over 6' (2m) tall. The trimmings that we stuck in the ground are now 4' (1.3m) tall. We keep the width narrower, since they'll take over the sidewalk otherwise.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9
Thanks heaps :)

RosemarieRo

Yes, as Cynthia said, they are Crassula ovata.

We can grow them as large shrubs, as you do. Many folks here use them like a hedge. Our house was surrounded by them when I was a kid (before I knew what they were). My sister removed them all (again, before I knew what they were-or was interested in succulents)!

Sorry, I have no idea what you could/should charge for them. I would guess that many people in your area already grow these or may have easy access to getting them, so there might be a high demand for them. I suppose it depends how badly you want them taken off your hands. Maybe you could have a starting price & haggle?! :p

aloe88
Newly Registered

hey, It looks like a type of Gasteria to me.

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”