Ava

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Euphorbia?

Hi,

I must admit I don't really know much about plants. My Begonia died and it seems my Euphorbia Enopla is going that way too, now. :?

It was a Christmas present, and I decided to assume it had been watered recently, so I waited a week before watering it for the first time. Since then, I've watered it once every two weeks. It started to look a little wilted say two weeks ago, so I've watered it more frequently since then. The other day I watered it quite a bit more than normal in an attempt to save it. But today, it looks like this:

[img]https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4070/february20124850.jpg[/img]

:(

Is it possible I've over watered it? Does it look like it can be saved?

In case it's relevent, I live in England but the plant is kept indoors, away from direct sunlight. Oh, and the soil has gravel stuck on it (it came that way), so I can't check for moistness, etc...

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Septemberone
Newly Registered

Don't water in the winter. Keep it dry

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Take the glued on rocks off. They put them that way for shipping, keeps the soil from falling off. Not only will you be able to check the soil better without out them, but you will have better air and water circulation...

Ava

I've since taken the gravel off - but it turned out that the pot was mainly filled with stones, and there was a small amount of (moist) soil around what I assume was a mass of roots. I've since put it into a larger pot I kept my Begonia in before with the soil still in there (which was very dry) and in front of the window. I assume I shouldn't give it any more water for a while then?

It has gotten worse since I posted that picture... do you think it will pull through? I read something saying if you stuck something sharp in it and liquid came out then it's alive; I did this a couple of times and did find a bit where it leaked moisture... So I assume it's still alive?

Oh, should I cut the really dead-looking 'branches' off or leave it alone?

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”