lonepalm

Dormancy in Desert Rose

I have a question about my Desert Rose in its dormant state. From all that I have read you say that it will go dormant in the winter. Do I continue to keep it by the window with the rest of my plants or do I put it somewhere else, like a darker place? I really know nothing about this and I feel kind of stupid! I do appreciate all your help. Thank you so much.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I would leave it where it is. From what I understand, they don't like drafts, though, so take that into consideration. All dormancy means is that the plant is resting, not actively putting out new growth.

I will offer you the same recommendation I gave another member. Use the Search the Forum function to access previous threads about the Desert Rose. Many of our members grow these plants, and there are several discussions about them. Don't overlook the Desert Rose discussions that are on the Bonsai forum, as these plants are often used to create bonsai specimens. The basic care is the same, whether the plant is used as a bonsai or grown just as a succulent. :)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”