helper
Newly Registered

My Large Jade Plant--

Hello. Haven't posted here before, hope I'm in the right forum for my question.
My large jade plant , appox. 3 ft. tall and very full, has been dropping leaves and pieces of stems for the last 3-4 mos. I moved it(and me) to another location and it doesn't get all the sun light it used to. At first I thought I had been overwatering it but an inserted skewer came out fairly dry and had no offsmell. I also moved it more to the window hoping this might help. It is still dropping leaves and pieces of stem on a daily basis. It has lost at least one half of its volume of leaves. Don't know what else to do. Could sure use your knowledgable help to maybe save it. It is too big for me to transplant.
Thanks so much,
Helper

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

It's probably due to the move. But you can lift the plant out of the pot and check the roots, to make sure there is no rot in there. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck. Sounds like a nice big jade plant. :)

helper
Newly Registered

Green Mantis, thanks so much for your reply. The more I watch it falling apart, the more I think I drowned it. It is too large for me to try to lift and would only result in more breakage.
It is like watching an old friend slowly pass on. Never too old to learn--DO NOT OVERWATER!! I have some starts so it will live on. :)
Thanks again,
helper

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Believe me, you aren't the only one to overwater :oops: I'm afraid I have killed a lot of poor plants by overwatering. :( Someone on here said they use the sheesekabob sticks, to push down into the side of the pot. To see if it comes out wet, or dry. Good way to find out if they either need water or not. Good Luck with what's left. Sometimes if you can lift it out of the pot, you can cut the rot out. Can you get anyone to help you :?: You might be able to save the whole thing. :)

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”