Skylights90n
Newly Registered

Re: Ponytail palms -

I purchased a group of ponytail palms in one pot from Walmart about three years ago. A new bulb recently formed on top of the originals and one formed on the side. All plants are doing well and growing like crazy. I re-potted this summer into a broader pot. I like the grouping of plants and find it attractive. FYI --A group with bulbs growing on top of one another is a highly prized form.

elle616
Newly Registered

I just bought 3 pontails palms and being this is my very first time repotting and placing I feel it is important to gain all of the information you would recommend. The babies are in a 4" pot tightly growing, what should I do? Oh and I am not plant saavy so please give me step by step including soils for different pots I would love to put one in a bonsai pot.

Elle

imafan26
Mod

They are cute now. My friend had two pony tail palms planted on either side of his sidewalk about 30 years ago. He has to squeeze by them now.

Suzieq527
Newly Registered

:o OMG! I'm so glad I found this post. I bought an exotic angel plant from Lowe’s to fill a small empty pot at home. But the plant did not have a name. Even my plant picture app didn’t show me anything recognizable. The app was calling it a boat orchid and I knew this plant was not an orchid. Then I came across your post and it made a lot of sense. I kind of thought it was a ponytail plant, but they were also tiny. But now that I know what it is, I’ll definitely take your advice and divide them up so they can grow correctly. :-D

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”