I am very excited to share that I have successfully sprouted about 10 cacti and still counting
I am pretty excited about this. My first time from seed!
If anyone is curious of my method I will include it here
Materials: Disposable starter pots, basic miracle grow potting soil, tray, distilled water, grocery bag.
1. Filled the pots almost completely with moist soil.
2. sprinkled seeds on top
3. Covered seeds with a minuscule amount of soil, so they are barely cover.
4. Watered (I never watered again after this point)
5. Placed pots on a tray and tied a plastic bag around them.
6. Took about 20 days for them to break through the soil
Once they are a little bit larger I will remove them completely from the bag. In a mater of months I will transplant them into their own pots with 1/2 Potting soil 1/2 cactus sand.
If anyone has other experiences with this please let me know