bajabeautiful

Sneaky Fan Aloe...

Hi everyone!

I brought home a small Fan Aloe a few weeks ago.

I potted her in a 4 1/2" plastic pot, which seemed fine for Momma and her 5 little pups... at first.

5 days ago, I noticed a flower stem growing from Mom... how exciting! Watered her today and noticed 4 more flower stems sprouting up. 1 more from her and 3 more from her pups... YAY!

She is growing so fast, there are substantial roots growing out of the bottom of the pot that weren't there when I repotted her 3 weeks ago.

My question is: When should I repot her? Should I wait until all of the flowering has been exhausted?

Also: If I remove and replant her pups, will she get bigger? She's just 8" tall right now.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

:) Sounds like you are doing great already with your plant. If it was me, I wouldn't transplant it again for quite awhile, and leave the pupps, just it it get a really well established. But saying that, I'm sure more people will come on with lots of ideas too. Probably better than mine, LOL. Good Luck.

bajabeautiful

Thanks so much, Green Mantis. The family seems to be thriving, so I'll follow your advice and let sleeping pups lie. :wink:

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

Sounds good to me, I seem to mess around with new plants too much, then they up and die. I am, learning to leave well enough alone, for quite awhile! :oops: It is actually working for me too! :wink:

Return to “Cactus Forum - Cacti Including all Succulent Plants”